Last Updated – 16 April 2018
So, you have started an e-commerce store on WooCommerce and have a great product to sell.
Despite having a great product, you still might be facing difficulty in generating higher sales. That’s because whether your e-commerce store becomes a sales conversion machine or not depends upon many factors such as
- How easy is the entire checkout process for your customer
- How easy is it for your customer to make payment
- How are you attracting customers into your sales funnel
- How fast does your e-commerce website load
and much more.
This is where the most successful online stores that have been built on WooCommerce take advantage by integrating WooCommerce plugins to better manage their online store and in turn increase their sales.
In this article, I am going to share 10 of the best WooCommerce plugins that are available in the market today to help improve your online store’s performance, increase sales, and give full control over it.
The WooCommerce Stripe Payment Gateway plugin helps you to accept payments directly on your store instead of redirecting the user to a third party payments page like in case of PayPal. I love this plugin as it helps to increase the conversion rate of your online store as customers no longer have to be diverted to an external page just to make payments.
With Stripe you can accept all major debit and credit cards from your customer. Besides, the customer can can add a credit/debit card on the checkout page itself which also improves the conversion rate.
Stripe for WooCommerce is available free of cost. For transactions though, the fee is 2.9% per transaction plus + 30¢ per successful transaction as long as you’re doing under $1 million in volume per year. This fee is same as the one PayPal charges.
And your earnings are transferred to your bank account every 7 days.
Once you install and activate the plugin, navigate to WooCommerce >> Settings >> Checkout >> Stripe to configure the plugin.
You just have to enter Publishable Key and Secret Key which will be available to you once you create you Stripe Account. Once you do that your account will be connected to Stripe Account and you can receive the payments from your E-Commerce Store
If you have an e-commerce store chances are that you will be using lot of high quality images for showcasing your products and the problem with using high quality images is that it takes lot of time to load, affecting your SEO.
You don’t want your SEO to get affected, do you ?
Imagify Image Optimizer is the solution to the above problem which helps in speeding up your e-commerce store by
- Compressing all your existing images which are in JPG, PNG, GIF format and reducing its size.
- Compressing any image you add to your wordpress website on the go, saving you lot of time from resizing it later.
Imagify plugin is available both as free and paid versions. Free version lets you compress up to 25MB of images per month. Paid version starts from $4.99 per month and the price varies based on the total size of the images that you can compress.
If you are going for a paid version I would highly recommend the ‘Lite version’ which lets you compress 1GB of images per month.
Once you install and activate the plugin, go to Settings >> Imagify to navigate to the dashboard as shown below. If you are using this plugin for the first time then, in the setting page of the plugin just select ‘Aggressive’ option and select ‘Imagify Bulk Optimization’ link present at the footer.
You will then be navigated to a different page where list of images that have been optimized are shown to you. Next you can select ‘Imagif’em all’ button, as seen below, to optimize all the images. Depending on the number of images present in your site it might take anywhere between 30 to 90 minutes to optimize all the images.
You may also like to read – Best WordPress Membership Plugins
WooCommerce Checkout Manager plugin helps you to customize the default checkout page provided by WooCommerce.
Take the case of managing the fields on checkout page – if you want to add an additional field or if you want to remove an existing field like Last Name without touching the code you can easily do so with this plugin .
The WooCommerce Checkout Manager plugin also has other great benefits to offer such as
- You can make any fields in your checkout page as Optional.
- Customer details entered in the checkout page can be retained when they navigate back and forth from checkout page.
- Add additional fields to the Billing and Shipping sections.
- Customer CSS option to style the fields.
- Add Conditional Checkout fields.
- Add Custom Notice Message before customer address fields and order summary.
Once you install and activate this plugin in your WordPress, just select ‘WooCheckout’ menu option to navigate to the dashboard.
There will be four tabs named General, Billing, Shipping and Addition. If you want to make any changes to Billings section in checkout page just select Billing tab. Now all the fields present in the Billing section will be displayed. For example, if I have to remove Company name and Country field just select the last checkbox as show in the above image and click on Save changes.
After making the changes, Company Name and Country text fields are no longer present in the checkout page as seen below.
A fast loading website not only leads to higher sales conversions but also is a must for good SEO. If you want your Woocommerce Store to be fast and at the same time you can’t afford a fancy plugin to speed up your site then, Breeze plugin is your best option.
Not only is the Breeze plugin free but also very easy to set up. And it optimizes your website performance through
- Internal Cache to your WordPress website
- Minification of your HTML, CSS, JS files
- Database Optimization
- Gzip compress to make HTTP request fewer and faster
- Helps you to integrate with CDN
Once you install and activate the plugin, to configure the plugin just navigate to Settings >> Breeze
The best part about this plugin is that you need not make any drastic changes to Settings as most of the default options selected do a good job in optimizing your website instantaneously.
Take a look at my screenshot below where I could instantaneously decrease the load time of my website from 4.23 sec to 1.96 sec. I just installed and activated the plugin, I didn’t have to do anything else and the results are there to see.
No one enjoys a lengthy checkout process and it has a direct bearing on your e-commerce sales.
Reducing the time it takes for the user to complete the purchase helps you to increase your sales. WooCommerce Direct Checkout is one such plugin that helps in this regard by enabling the user to navigate to Checkout page directly after adding the product.
This plugin enables you to add a ‘Buy Now’ button in the product page itself and when the user clicks on this buy now button user is immediately directed to Checkout page instead of Cart page.
This plugin is available both as free and paid versions. The difference being the paid version i.e the PRO version helps you to add additional buttons in Product page.
Once you install and activate the plugin in your WordPress site just go to WooCommerce >> Direct Checkout to navigate to the Dashboard.
You can see from the below screenshot that the Dashboard is very simple and straightforward. You can
- Enable or disable the functionality of the plugin
- Add your custom “Add to cart” text
- Add “Continue Shopping” button
I changed the Custom “Add to cart” text to “Buy Now” and saved it. You can see from the below screenshot where “Buy Now” button is displayed in the product page and when user clicks on Buy Now button he is taken directly to checkout page
I also review best WordPress Security Plugins
This is the one of the best plugins to create invoices and packing slips in PDF format for your e-commerce store. This plugin has been installed more than 100,000 times and has got some great reviews.
This plugin helps you to add PDF invoice to the order confirmation email that you send out to customer and also lets the customer to download the PDF invoice by accessing his account in your website. This plugin has other great features such as
- You can download PDF invoice for all the orders from Order Admin page plus you have the option to generate PDF invoices in bulk.
- Admin can provide his own sequential invoice numbers for the invoice.
- You create invoice with more stylish templates.
- Helps you to send invoices and packing slips automatically to your printer as soon the customer orders from your website.
Once you install and activate the plugin you can navigate to WooCommerce >> PDF invoices to configure your PDF invoice.
The options are straightforward and you can configure it on your own without much trouble. However, the only thing that I would advise you to do is to navigate to the documents tab where you would find list of options where you can attach your PDF invoices.
Make sure you select appropriate checkbox as shown below
Also, you can see from the below screenshot that after configuring the plugin, I logged into my account and navigated to order page where I could see “Download Invoice” plugin which lets the user to download the invoice.
You can see my download invoice here and basic template provided for the PDF format looks neat and clean
Due to rise of internet and online shopping, consumers around the world are looking for more choices and are not hesitating to shop for things that they might not find within their native countries.
Currency Switcher plugin helps you to take advantage of this phenomena by catering to international customers by facilitating switching of currency and displaying visitor’s local currency based on their IP address.
This way you can attract many online shoppers to your store as allowing them to view your products in their local currency will make them feel at home as they don’t have to calculate the product’s cost in their local currency .
Some of the other benefits of using this plugin are
- This plugin is compatible with Stripe payment gateway, PayPal payment gateway, and most of the other gateways if user chooses to checkout with different currency.
- This plugin is also compatible with WooCommerce PDF & Packaging slips plugin.
- You can configure a minimum amount for free delivery and a minimum amount for shipping for each currency that you have created.
- This plugin provides you with 3 widgets namely currency switcher, currency converter, and currencies rate which you can add in your category page.
This plugin comes in free and paid version. The difference being that free version lets you create only 2 currencies and premium version lets you create unlimited currency.
After activating the plugin in your WordPress site just navigate to WooCommerce settings page and select Currency tab to navigate to the dashboard where you can add different type of currencies.
This is another cool plugin to speed up the checkout process. What this plugin does is whenever your customer enters his address in the checkout page, the plugin will make use of Google location(places) to populate potential address.
Upon selecting one of the suggested addresses it will autocomplete the address fields in the checkout page. The main benefits of this plugin are
- Saves time for customer in checkout process
- Reduces cart abandonment by speeding up the checkout process
- Helps reduce typing errors when customer enters an address avoiding wrong delivery of the product
As you can see from the below screenshot, in the checkout page when I entered address I could see the address suggestion dropdown with probable addresses.
Discounts and Offers are great way to attract customers, bring them into your sales funnel, and make more sales. Pricing Deals for WooCommerce is a powerful plugin through which you can create both dynamic cart pricing discounts and catalog price(wholesale) discounts.
Some of the types of discounts that you can create are
- Buy one get one free deals
- Discount for bulk purchase
- Discount when you spend a certain amount (for example when a customer spends $ 250 they would get $ 50 discount)
- Create percentage and package pricing discount
- Using short codes helps you to display the deals on your website
Once you install and activate the plugin in your WordPress site you can select “Pricing Deal Rules” from the left menu to navigate to the dashboard as shown in the below screenshot. I would also advise you to follow this tutorial if you are creating promotion for the first time as it can be difficult to configure at times.
This plugin gives the customer the ability to set the delivery date on the Checkout page. This plugin is very useful for people who are in chocolate, cake, or brewing industries where it is important to deliver the products at the right time.
Some of the other features of this plugin are
- As an admin you can disable the days on which you don’t deliver your product
- You can disable delivery date for certain products
- You can configure delivery date fields as per your business
- You can make the delivery date field as mandatory in the checkout page
- PRO version allows the customers to select delivery date and time
Once you install and activate the plugin, you can select “Order Delivery date” option from the left menu to navigate to the dashboard. Here you can configure the delivery dates to when you are open, change appearance of the delivery date field in checkout to a different theme, and disable the delivery date field for virtual product without much difficulty.
You can see the delivery date option displayed in the checkout page after configuring the plugin
The above list of WooCommerce plugins will definitely help to increase the sales as well as the performance of your e-commerce store. There were other good plugins too but they missed the cut because
- They didn’t work properly after installing
- They have not been updated since many years and hence we couldn’t use them
- There was no free version available for that plugin
If you know of any other awesome WooCommerce Plugins do let us know in the comments.
Did you liked this post?
Subscribe to get weekly updates
You will be notified everytime I have something valuable for you.